What starts out as a small leak can often turn into what appears to be a tidal wave if it isn't repaired as soon as you spot it.
Not only can water come pouring into your home or office, but it will collect inside the walls or cavity causing dry rot and structural damage that goes well beyond the expense of a simple roof repairs, if you had acted in the beginning.
Don't Hesitate to call us
At the first sign of a roofing problem, either to your roof, eaves, damaged facias or gutters, call Sandwell Roofing Ltd for an expert consult that will provide an assessment of what is causing the leak and what your options would be for a roofing repair.
Sometimes the cost is minimal, so rest assured that Sandwell Roofing Ltd will make every effort to keep your cost as low as possible. However, is there is extensive damage there may be several options for repairing the damage and your Sandwell Roofing team will go over your choices with you so that you can make an informed decision.
Average Life Span of a roof
One of the things which many property owners do not factor into their budgets is the average lifespan of a roof. While each type of roofing has its own set of criteria which determines its longevity, on an average you can expect a typical built up felt roof to last approximately 20 years. That is of course extreme weather should cause unavoidable damage such as downed tress or power lines. If you home is older than the average lifespan of a roof, chances are roofing repairs would not be your best option as you will soon need to re-roof the structure anyway.
Common Problems with roofing
One of the most common problems with roofing which necessitates repairs, other than age and damage from the elements, is improper insulation. You will never need to worry about the shoddy workmanship with Sandwell Roofing as we have been in business for many years with full trained operatives and have built a substantial client base due to our reliability, ethical business practices and excellent customer service. Whether we install a new roof, re-roof an existing structure or repair damage, you can be certain that our work provides watertight coverage.
Wide Array of Roofing Services
You might find that the problem isn?t with the roof at all. Perhaps the facia and soffit has been damaged or perhaps the guttering is leaking, causing a problem. The wide array of roofing repair services provided by Sandwell Roofing can help you get to the root of the leak and/or damage whether it is the roof itself, the eaves, the gutters or the soffit.
Let us assess where the problem lies so that repairs can fix the problem once and for all.
Built up felt roofing systems
Recent changes in Building Regulations and the growing demand for increasing thermal efficiency has resulted in an increased demand for bituminous flat roofing systems (Built up felt roofing systems). Bituminous flat roofing systems can provide the highest thermal performance for the minimum thickness built up, and the bitumen bonded application method effectively seals all the potential air leakage points. Bituminous flat roofing systems have been tried and tested for over 100 years now and reinforced bituminous membrane roofing has a proven track record for robust performance and long term durability.
Modern high performance reinforced built up bituminous roofing systems have a number of benefits that allow us to conform to modern thermal, acoustic and fire standards, and provide long term building performance, safer service maintenance , and cost effective construction methods.
Long term durability
- Correctly designed and installed, high performance bituminous roofing systems offer a proven long term life expectancy, with options achieving in excess of 30 years.
- a built up bituminous roofing system comprised on two - three layers of high performance membranes is made up of tough polyester base fabrics and polyester modified bitumen coatings, which ensure a damage resistant waterproof coating.
- a flat roof presents the smallest surface area for heat loss, therefore offering excellent thermal efficiency. A high performance bituminous roofing system will also be able to accommodate any further planned upgrades in the Building Regulations Part L to the thermal requirements, simply with greater efficiency than some other roofing systems.
- high performance bituminous roofing systems contribute significantly to the overall airtight construction of a building. These systems will automatically seal voids and gaps, insulation can easily be incorporated into the system and the bonded system negates the need for mechanically fixings which are often responsible for a significant reduction in the thermal performance and air tightness of other roofing systems. Airtight construction is an important element of the Building Regulations.
Proven fire performance
- many of the high performance reinforced bitumen membranes have been tested to the stringent British and European fire test standards, achieving the highest F.AA system ratings without the need for toxic compounds that can harm the environment. Other roofing systems can struggle to achieve such proven fire performance. High performance bituminous roofing systems achieving the full Loss Prevention Certification Board (LPCB) approval are also available.
Wind uplift resistance
- high performance bituminous roofing systems are fuly onded to the roof area and therefore offer high levels of resistance to wind uplift, without the need for mechanical fixings.
Warm roof systems
- aluminium lined, bonded bituminous vapour barriers in a warm flat roof system offer the best performance for controlling the movement of moisture vapour. This is particularly important in flat roofs over bathrooms and kitchens.
Balconies and walkways
- bituminous roofing systems are ideal for balconies. walkways, roof terrace areas and garden roofs (with root prevention layers)
- bituminous roofing membranes now have elastomeric properties which mean that they move and flex with the roof structure.
UV impregnated membranes
- modern bituminous membranes are UV impregnated to combat the degrading effects of exposure to the sun.
The modern high performance built up bituminous roofing systems that are used by Sandwell Roofing Ltd are certified by the British Board of Agreement ensuring that they conform to the highest quality and technical standards.
High performance built up felt roofing systems, installed correctly offer a cost effective long lasting, hard wearing solution on both residential and commercial premises alike.